Wharfedale Montessori School is committed to ensuring all pupils fulfil their potential; attending school regularly during term time is a key element in achieving this. It is our statutory duty to:
- promote good attendance and reduce absence, including persistent absence
- ensure every pupil has access to full-time education to which they are entitled
- act early to address patterns of absence
- parents to perform their legal duty by ensuring their children of compulsory school age who are registered at school attend regularly
- all pupils to be punctual to their lessons
Requests for leave of absence during term time can be made by contacting the school office via email. A form must be completed requesting authorisation at least 14 days prior to the proposed time of absence. A period of leave will only be authorised during term time in exceptional circumstances.